This policy was last updated on October 31, 2018.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information collected about you
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our websites and at our locations. We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your name, contact information, date of birth, driver's license number and expiration date. date and emergency contact information.
- Vehicle rental information, including the location where the vehicle is rented, rental date, type of rental and your preferences.
- Your credit card details, online user account details, membership / corporate ID numbers, passport information and frequent traveler or travel companion. affiliations.
As a franchisee of Enterprise Holdings, Inc. and / or any of its relevant subsidiaries ("Enterprise"), Enterprise may share your reservation and reservation information with us. For these transactions, we and Enterprise are independent data controllers. We also share information about you with Enterprise, as described below in the section titled "Who we share the information with."
Third parties provide us with additional information about you, including:
- Reference sources, such as third-party online booking sites (providing us with general contact information and a booking confirmation number to facilitate the rental), your employer (general contact information), and your insurance provider (information general contact and policy).
- Where applicable, our Refer a Friend programs.
- Hotel, airline and membership clubs, who provide us with their general contact information and reservation information.
- Credit reporting agencies, which, for fraud prevention purposes, provide us with information related to identity.
- Service Providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and inquiries made by you) and marketing providers (information to assist us to better communicate our products and services).
With your consent, we will access location-based information or collect location markers from your mobile device or based on your IP address. We will use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers, or other information that we find useful to better serve you. We do not use this information to specifically locate you for any reason other than to provide you with the service. With your consent, our application will use the camera of your device. If you have allowed us to use your location information or your device camera in the past and want to revoke the permissions, please change your device settings.
Vehicle operation and location data
Your vehicle may be equipped with emergency notification functions. In the event that a vehicle has been reported as lost or potentially or actually stolen, we can request access to the necessary data from the Telematic Systems to the corresponding OEM. The contact details of
OEMs along with their applicable privacy disclosure, which may include system and service limitations,
Warranty exclusions, limitations of liability, descriptions of use, disclosure and retention of information, your individual rights and any transfer of data outside the European Economic Area can be found on the OEM's websites or can be made available through the dashboard. of the vehicle.
When you use any satellite navigation or infotainment system in this vehicle, you are responsible of any information that is stored in the systems as a result of its use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information, and you must delete it before returning the vehicle to us. If you do not, the following vehicle users will be able to access this information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use the information we collect about or about you to provide our services to you and for the following purposes:
- When necessary for us to sign a contract with you and provide you services for the duration of the contract, including
o To assist you in the transactions you request, such as reserving, renting, buying or leasing motorized vehicles.
o To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your inquiry.
o To enroll in our loyalty programs and submit non-promotional information related to your continued membership in these programs.
- When necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including
o To share information about the location of your vehicle with emergency services in case you are involved in a traffic accident.
o To share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
- Is necessary for our legitimate interests, as outlined below, and where our data protection rights do not override our interests, including
o To communicate important information about your rental, such as arrival and return alerts.
o To help us offer better products and services: for example, evaluate the performance of our staff, evaluate the quality of products and services received and help us improve our websites, facilities and services.
o To compile statistics and analysis on how our customers use our websites, products and services.
o Develop a profile of you and your interactions with us so that we can provide you with personalized offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
o To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and properties. For example, we will use CCTV to ensure the security of our facilities and we will maintain lists of clients that do not rent and that are not payments or security risks.
o To share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, security and property, or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (for example, traffic citations), and for claims processing purposes.
o To share your information with third parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, security and property, or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (for example, traffic citations), and for claims processing purposes. To share your information with third parties in order to allow us to search for available solutions or limit the damages we may suffer and to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or the terms and conditions of our websites. To share your information with third parties to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, security and property or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (for example, notifications of fixed penalties for driving offenses), and for claims processing purposes. To share your information with third parties in order to allow us to search for available solutions or limit the damages we may suffer and to enforce the terms of any rental agreement or the terms and conditions of our websites. We will also disclose your information to third parties if someone else's rights are violated.
o To allow us to use telematics.
Where you have given your consent, including
o To send you certain specific marketing or promotional communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
o To send you text messages in order to provide you with time-sensitive communications related to your transaction (for example, delay in construction at the airport branch), extended rental opportunities, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons , discounts, last minute special offers or loyalty and rewards the information.
Retention of your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill our business purposes, as set out below:
Marketing purposes: We keep data linked to cookies and other identifiers online for up to three years. We retain other marketing information, such as email subscription and loyalty enrollment data for up to 7 years after your last interaction with us.
295/5000 Rental Transactions: We retain the data associated with your rental agreement for up to 7 years from the rental date, subject to other local legal requirements. We keep records of the payments you have made for 2 years from the date of the transaction (depending on the location of the rental).
Inquiries related to customer service: We keep general inquiries for 3 years, unless you file a complaint, in which case, we keep the complaint data for 7 years.
DIsputes and Law Enforcement: If we are involved in litigation or a government or regulatory investigation, then we retain the data for the entire period of the dispute or investigation and for 5 years thereafter. If an agreement means that we have to keep the data for longer, then we retain the data for the period required to administer the agreement. If we provide data to law enforcement agencies, then we keep a record of this for one year beyond the end of the investigation.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We share the information we collect about you with our affiliates ("Affiliates") for the purpose of providing the transactions you have requested and (with your consent) for marketing purposes. p>
We share your personal information with Enterprise for the following purposes:
- To manage your rental and for Enterprise to contact you or assist you with your rental.
- In connection with any incident arising out of your transactions or additional authorized driver dealings with Enterprise if Enterprise believes that, as a result of such incident, you or an additional authorized driver could be a risk to future rentals.
- For Enterprise and its third-party service provider to conduct customer satisfaction surveys over the phone.
- To send you marketing communications about similar products or services that Enterprise believes may be of interest to you, such as targeted advertising on Enterprise sites, selected partner sites, and social media.
- To compile statistics and analysis about you, and any applicable additional authorized controller, the use of Enterprise products and services, including statistics based on anonymous data, which enable Enterprise to provide you and other future customers with better service customer, products and features.
Our service providers and business partners
We will share your information with third parties, such as
(1) payment providers, administrative and technical support
(2) our insurance, corporate rentals or other clients or partners to facilitate the rental transaction
(3) communications providers who send emails and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf
(4) customer service providers to provide you customer service
(5) debt collection providers
(6) claims processors
(7) our advertising and marketing partners and third-party media properties, including social media sites, with whom we share aggregated or non-identifiable information about our customers, to enable them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf, analyze, improve and manage our data, perform mobile analytics services and to maintain and improve our services (subject to confidentiality agreements as applicable).
Your personal information may also be shared with government authorities as described above.
Sale, Merger or Change of Control.
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of the business or assets of Enterprise Holdings. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement according to which the collection, use and Disclosure of information is limited to the purposes of the business transaction, including determining whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified by email or prominent notice on our websites within thirty (30) days of any change in ownership or control of your personal information or as required by law.
TRANSFERS AND GLOBAL DATA PROCESSING
Information that you provide to us or that we collect may be transferred to or accessed by entities around the world, including:
Enterprise: If you book a reservation with us or with an Enterprise corporate location, we will transfer your personal information to Enterprise. Enterprise Holdings, Inc. is headquartered in the United States and has corporate branches in the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
Third Party Service Providers: We use third party service providers that are located outside of the countries where we have corporate locations, such as call center support, claims processors, and IT providers.
Enterprise Global Information Systems based in the United States: Enterprise maintains its global information systems in the United States. If you provide us or if we collect personal information about you outside of the United States, we will transfer and maintain your personal information in the United States.
Your rights may include the right to:
1) request a copy of your personal information from us
2) request that we correct your personal information
3) request that we delete certain categories or types of information
4) request that we limit certain processing
5) get the information you provide in a structured machine-readable format
6) to transfer some of this information to other organizations.
You have the right to object to the processing of personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests. When we ask for your consent to process the information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us directly through the link at the bottom of this page. We will respond to your request within 30 days or as required by local law.
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information or to limit your rights (for example, if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if someone else's rights may be violated). In some cases, this may mean that we may retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to object to direct marketing, as well as the profiling we run for direct marketing purposes. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by following the instructions in each communication you receive. You can also contact us directly using the link at the bottom of this page. You can choose not to show ads that you see on non-Enterprise sites by clicking the ad options icon in the ad or in the site's privacy settings.
CHANGES TO THESE POLICIES
DATA CONTROLLER CONTACT INFORMATION
|Country||Data Controller||Contact Information|
|El Salvador||Data Controller||Contact Information|